Events Travel (Website Project)
Events Travel helps customers travel to and enjoy the world’s best events, something we’ve done since 1993. We have an existing Wordpress website ([url removed, login to view]) which uses a basic theme and a bunch of plugins. We’ve used this site for a number of years as it ‘gets-the-job-done’. Customers use the site to find event information, products and make travel bookings. Our staff manage inventory/bookings/payments etc. back-of-house. We use data obtained from customer phone calls, emails and website forms.
We are looking at a new chapter for our web presence and want to completely redesign and develop our website. We would love to stick with Wordpress, but are very open to suggestions of other CMS’s and platforms. Below I have outlined the basic premise of the project to give you more information about our company, what’s wrong with our current site and where we want to go in this new chapter.
As aforementioned, we help customers travel to events around the globe. Essentially we provide customers with the following services:
- Event tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Rental Cars
We then bundle the above services to create Hotel & Ticket Packages (no accommodation), Travel Packages (with accommodation) and Tours (complete packages with group movements). Sometimes we only sell Hotel & Ticket Packages, sometimes only Tours and sometimes a mixture of all product types. We usually create these bundles ourselves by contracting and purchasing each component, but sometimes we sell bundles from other companies as well.
Most of our customers reside in Australia and New Zealand, but we are seeing increasing numbers of international users finding our products, especially for events held in Australia. Of our traffic, 43% use desktop, 41% use mobile and the rest use tablet. Mobile users are increasing, while desktop is decreasing.
What’s wrong with our current website ([url removed, login to view])
- We have no ecommerce capabilities
- It’s slow, due to plugins and large images
- The design is not great for desktop or mobile
- Site structure is stripped of categories
What we want from a new website
- We want a new website that’s well designed, mobile-first and easy to use (from a customer perspective). We want to increase our conversion rates by having a faster website with clean code to best current web-practices. We want to use wordpress so we can iterate and optimise as we go with templates for new products and events so we can be quick and efficient.
- We want to restructure our categories i.e. [url removed, login to view]
- We want to have landing pages which are events. i.e. Super Bowl, this is the page we want to rank in google and where we will send PPC advertising. From this page customers can see the various products. I.e. 3-night bundle, 4-night bundle etc. and click through to each product. An example of this [url removed, login to view] and the Scenic example below.
- eCommerce capabilities (for some events we want to load products customers can purchase online, where we have inventory and the bundles are user-friendly. Where an event is complicated we can use request forms, this is important when customers want to purchase flights or request custom packages) - we have looked at WooCommerce to achieve this
- Well designed, mobile first (if it looks good on mobile, it can be up-sized for desktop)
- Predictive search and/or filter options for events and products
- Sign-up forms (footer/floating bars etc.)
- Gravity forms (or similar)
- Maps for hotel/event locations
- Floating nav-bar for navigation within event landing pages (i.e. Overview/Products/Map/FAQ etc.)
- Product cards for within event landing pages (pulled from WooCommerce?)
- Sticky booking buttons nav
- Yoast SEO
- Rich snippets/Reviews/etc. The usual suspects
Nice to haves
- Wish-lists/favourites (save an event or product for later, customers can then be auto-emailed a reminder for example)
Web Inspiration (sites we like the look of)
- [url removed, login to view] (we like their filter search, landing pages with floating nav-bar, sticky booking buttons and product cards on the landing pages e.g. [url removed, login to view] )
- [url removed, login to view] (we like their home page, horizontal scrolling of deals/experiences etc. We also like their product pages, with sticky booking buttons)
- [url removed, login to view] (we like their predictive search on the home page and product navigation on the left side)
- [url removed, login to view] (we love the design, super-sleek, simple and easy to use. We also like the product filter for destinations and the product cards)
- [url removed, login to view] (we like this overall design in that it’s a similar product to ours but they sell ticket only, so it’s not completely relatable, but the navigation is good and the layout very responsive)
- [url removed, login to view] (good looking Wordpress and WooCommerce example)
3 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Consider this job done Relevant Skills and Experience Over 7 years industry experience with Laravel, Wordpress, PSD, AI, HTML, UI & UX Proposed Milestones $11764 AUD - Initial milestone
Hi there, I am experienced web developer. please check my profile . i can do your [url removed, login to view] Relevant Skills and Experience i have 8 years of experience Proposed Milestones $10000 AUD - milestone