We have an early prototype for a prison genre mobile strategy game, with gritty themes. We need a graphic designer with an eye for a comic book style, who can work with us to create the visual design for the game, including the main screen and icons, screen for stashing contraband, one for making a deal, etc. Initially we are not looking for an illustrator, only graphic designer, and ideally someone with UI/UX game experience who can make the UI very accessible and easy.
The game is not heavy on animation, does not involve moving characters, etc., it is a turn-based strategy game where the player’s decisions are important to their success. The screens need to be simple, but engaging. In an ideal world, you will have great experience of Unity development environment as well as graphic design.
Typical experience we would be looking for is:
- Multiple resolution design (for different devices)
- Animation flow for button, panels, background
- Pivot positioning for all graphicals UI (eg. anchor to bottom left, etc)
- Know how Unity animation works (animation, animator, blending)
- UI alignment (multiple devices, screen sizes, etc. icons along top or left, etc)
- Texture compression format (optimising image size, eg. all buttons on same atlas, etc)
- Different button visuals for animation action (eg: onClick, onHover, interactable/non-interactable)
- Suggestion on suitable design for all environment (dialogues, main screen, etc)
- Layering format (sorting order)
- Vector art
- UI VFX
Although we already have a layout for the game, it is built only with development in mind. We are looking for someone who can come to us with fresh ideas of how to make the game look good. Any crazy ideas you have, as inventive as possible is always welcomed! This would be for a medium term engagement (several weeks) with a number of cycles of design - integrate - feedback. The game is still at an early prototype stage, so in future months there would be the opportunity to return and continue with other parts of the game once they are developed, as well as working with an illustrator to combine their artwork with your design.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss, just shout up :) We work in UK time 9am to 4pm, and will be on a call for several parts of the day to keep communication going. A good standard of English is essential. Would like to start having calls to discuss the engagement from Tuesday 18 May. Thanks for reading!