This is a 100% freelance/remote opportunity.
* Be a part of a fun team of individuals who are passionate about helping people in need.
We have a big heart. And we are all about inspiring and helping donors to give… the smart way. We are a not-for-profit organisation making a huge, positive difference in Australia. Our aim is to evoke hope in people, inspire empathy and generous, kind action. We need the help of a talented designer that can refresh our content using newly developed graphic elements and set up our new template library for that empowers our awesome team to create the branded content they need.
About the project
Our style guide needs updating to reflect the evolution of the brand as applied to our new website that was launched in June. Graphic elements developed and used for the website design now need to be applied to produce new templates for MS Office, Canva and for our EDM system.
The aim is to create a consistent look across all marketing and communication material, website, social, collateral etc. The following list is a guide of what needs to be created.
- Style guide
- 1 page style guide reference sheet for all users
- MS Office templates
- Canva template library
o Social story templates
o Social tile templates
o Report templates
Our Canva Pro account needs to be built to enable the team functionality and use of templates. Similarly the MS Office templates need to be created in a way that can be rolled out for our entire team to easily use.
We’re interested in engaging a designer for a 2-4 week initial period to deliver the above work, with the opportunity of extending our relationship to ongoing, regular design work.
As our Graphic Designer, you will:
• Ensure the templates that we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability
• Create design assets true to the brand
• Suggest fresh design styles and creative directions that suit our users’ needs
• If a longer term relationship is established the role will also entail managing our image library
Experience you'll need
- Experience as a Graphic, Brand or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of digital and print marketing materials
- Experience setting up Canva Pro/teams for a business to use
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and design with the end user needs in mind
- To demonstrate the ability to use graphic design to communicate a complex concept in a simple, clear and succinct way
- Deliver great designs, on deadline and to brief
- Attention to detail. The little things matter!
- Understanding of the real world. Our work isn't always super sexy
- Awesome Canva, MS Office and Adobe skills (occasionally required)
- No big ego. You can't be precious about your work
- Great work ethic. You work hard and love what you do
- Experience. You have done some time on the tools.
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
• A link to your portfolio
• Your availability
• Your hourly rate
• This role is full time for 2-4 weeks. After which it will be approx.10 hours a week. We have flexible hours.
• Our team is fun, positive and a little bit crazy. We work hard and laugh a lot!
If you are good at what you do, fast and want to be a part of a team that actually values what you bring to the table, send us your resume, with a short blurb telling us why you applied for this job, and most importantly, an up-to-date portfolio so we can see your creative brilliance!