I’m working on Microsoft Access to create a desktop database application, where it is supposed to :
1. Allow the students to input their ID, and then automatically print them a late slip
2. Automatically saves the lateness information (Student ID, student name, student grade and time of arrival)
3. Generate daily late reports, which can be achieved through one click, and then inputed into the school’s information system.
I have already created all the tables with the required information, created the relationship between them and the forms for each table - there are four main tables -. However, I am not able to create a function (which I was told to create through the code builder) for one of the forms called “Lateness Record”. The table of this form “Lateness Table” includes the fields [Lateness ID (auto number), Student-Id, Student-Card-ID, Family-ID, system-date and system time] and this form is supposed perform the following:
Once the student enters his Student ID into the appropriate field:
• The system has to show the following fields on the same form [Student-Name, Student Grade, Student-Photo, System date and system time]. The fields [Student-Name, Student Grade,Student-Photo] are fields in another table named “Students Table” that is linked to the “Lateness Table”.
• Then a record has to be inputted automatically into the “Lateness Table” with the values of [Lateness ID (auto number), Student-Id, Student-Card-ID, Family-ID, system-date and system time]
• Then the lateness slip (report) will be printed automatically showing [ Student name, Student Grade, System date and system time)
• Right after the print, the system has to clear the form (create a new record) for the following student.
The image below is a template code which I have been instructed to work with in order to create the function but its not working
Kindly find the Access database I am working on attached below .