What am I looking for?
• Website accessible from computer (public page as well as option for the user to log-in the website)
• Android app + IOS app, that allow visualization of a subset of the website content
• Development of the source code as well as graphic design of the website and Apps. Note that I will require access to the source code
• Permanent archival of the files into a database (with horizontal scalability), from where the website sources information
• Structuring the database, so that I will then be able to upload new content on my own
• Programmer who is fluent in English – this will be the primary language of the site
• Stable URL that allows access to the website in the long term, site that appears in search engines
Content: Pictures, videos and text that I will upload onto a database. I will tag each of the files in a way that allows sorting and selecting them for display in the site.
Structure of the site
The site will have 4 permanent pages and a page that is created dynamically (“dynamic page”) based on the selection made by the user.
• Each day a different picture+vídeo+text (all with a common tag) are selected from the database, through a randomic algorithm or through a pre-defined set of criteria
• The user can register in the website and declare his preferences (amongst a set of pre-defined preferences). Once registered, he will view a personalized selection of photos/videos/text. These will be selected based on his declared preferences (each file will have a tag of preferences)
• Random selection of a photo from the database, with rotation at every x seconds (e.g. 30)
• Visualization of a map with ~200 areas – one specific area is highlighted as each photo is selected
• Each area of the map has a different color (in a range of 4 colors) at each one of 10 periods of time. The user can select a period of time and see the map coloured accordingly
• Similar top page 2, but focused on text instead of pictures
• This page is for users to contribute information to the site (pictures, videos, text)
• Contributions will not be automatically published. I will filter them manually and decide which ones will be included in the database and will tag them.
• From one of the 4 pages, the user can make a selection, based on up to 4 criteria, of specific content
• This content will be sourced from the database, through tags, and will be displayed on a new page, within a pre-defined layout.
• Note that the layout will vary depending on whether you select only 1 or more of the 4 criteria at the same time.