I have produced a Google Maps KMZ file for a trek in New Zealand.
I want to have a tour recorded to show others the scenery and terrain they can expect on the trek.
The tour must be at such an elevation and pace to show the surrounding terrain and the trekking path at it’s best.
The kmz file with the path and place names is attached.
I have also included a very, very rough tour to indicate the terrain and path. The tour sequence is set out in the places panel (top to bottom).
The initial two stages and the last stage are by vehicle, and the second last stage (“Jetboat Extraction”) is by jet-boat, so a higher elevation view on these stages is desirable. The main focus of the tour is the trekking stages.
1. Each place name will appear as the tour approaches it’s location
2. The tour will be oriented in the direction of the trekker’s path (always looking along the path)
3. The tour will circle each hut to keep the walking path orientation
4. The tour will be smooth and will not appear “jumpy” to the viewer
5. A facility to add photos and an audio narrative at a later date is desirable