Should have experience writing children's books. Please pitch a first paragraph so that I can assess if your writing style is suitable for the target audience ages 8 - 11.
7 MAIN CHARACTERS (5 children, 1 dog, 1 cat)
1) Chester: Caucasian, the leader and oldest, aged 11, serious, responsible, always looks out for group, careful, loyal
2) Gracie: Asian, youngest aged 8, sweet, girly, eccentric, can communicate with animals, loves animals, forgetful, loves to daydream
3) Jack: African-American, aged 10, adventurous, brave, energetic, reckless at times, tends to rush first without thinking, loves the outdoors
4) Norman: Caucasian ginger head with freckles, aged 9, innocent, naive, gullible, kind, loves eating and cooking, not fit, always tries to help but sometimes makes things worse, clumsy
5) Ruby: Caucasian, aged 10, tomboy, book smart, loves books, can be impatient, passionate about things she is interested in, always up for a fight or argument to defend herself and her friends
6) Poppy: The dog, small, cheeky, bouncy, full of energy, loves to bother the cat, Ritzy, fearlessly defends the group
7) Ritzy: The cat, large, gentle, slow moving, waddles, not fit, elegant and graceful, tolerant of Poppy who bothers her for fun, loves to be pampered and rubbed and massaged
Important things that the story MUST achieve:
1) Please let the character's personality come through in the story, in the things they say, in their reactions, in their decisions. I want the readers to fall in love with each of them, as each is unique in their own way. Character development is key.
2) Word limit is 2500 words
3) Style should be NARRATIVE
4) Please ask me which aspects of my plot can change and which aspects cannot (as I already have started the illustrations for my game)
5) All copyrights for the story go to me once completed
I have attached only the first 1 quarter of the plot. The full plot will be given to the freelancer chosen.
I will ONLY entertain freelancers who pitch a paragraph for my assessment. Thank you for your understanding.