We are seeking a hands-on Construction Project Manager for residential construction. The house(s) to be built are located in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. As the point of reference for both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of a project.
We are looking for a reliable Construction Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the projects.
The project manager will be reasonable for the overall construction of the residential house. As the Project Manager, you will responsible for all aspects of the construction process. This includes management of the workers and to serve as the Quality assurance and quality control (QAQC). The project manager will need to be able to build a house from start to finish.
Skills and Competencies
This project will require knowledge of Compressed earth bricks. The entire house will be built with Compressed earth technology. The project manager will also need to know how to read blueprints. The project manager must have experience with Structural (reinforced concrete), Plumbing, Electrical, Heating and Cooling (HVAC).
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
• Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
• Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
• Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
• Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
• Meet contractual conditions of performance
• Review the work progress on daily basis
• Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
• Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
• Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
• Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
• Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
• Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
• Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
• Allocate general and daily responsibilities
• Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
• Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
• Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
• Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
• Resolve problems when they arise
• Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
• Proven working experience in construction management
• Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
• Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
• Understanding of all facets of the construction process
• Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
• Competent in conflict and crisis management
• Leadership and human resources management skills
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Knowledge of construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
• Proven experience as construction foreman
• In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSH guidelines
• Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems
• Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to communicate and report effectively
• Aptitude in math
• Problem-solving abilities
• Good physical condition and stamina
• High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
Description of work
I am building five houses in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. I need a person who has experience building homes. The houses will be constructed mainly with Compressed Earth Bricks. The person hired for this position must possess knowledge of the Compressed Earth Brick/ interlocking block technology. I will attach examples of project build with Compressed earth bricks.
This job starts out at 1,000usd per month. Bonuses will be paid after the completion of a house. The house completion bonus is 1,000usd. The bonus is only paid if the house is finished on time and without any major decencies.