Paid position for a talented AS3 developer to build a prototype client for an online game. The game’s server is being written using Smartfox and a custom java MUD engine. A mockup of the client with layout and starting code (smartfox integrated) has been started. A screenshot can be seen at bottom of post.
Primary role will be to develop the design aspect of the client’s UI. All underlying network and game code will be handled by the person developing the server. The role will mainly consist of developing custom flash components that look and feel intuitive.
There are several primary components to the UI. These are:
- Carousel of mobs/players images in the room. These will be on top of a background image depecting the room the player is in. Each image will be selectable and have a progress bar showing the mob’s health. We will also need to be able to add other images to this component to display buffs/debuffs etc.
- Hotbars. There will be one hotbar with 5 keys that contain the players skills. These buttons need to have rollover, push effects etc. as well as a greyed out timer for when the player uses the skill. There will also be a coresponding skills sheet that allows for drag n drop of skills into the hotbar.
- Skills, Equipment and Inventory windows. These display various informations about the player.
- Hotkey system. Every ui piece will have an associative hotkey system that can be edited by the player.
- Vertical carousel menu options such as “Inventory”, “Options” etc.
There are MANY other components that need to be put in place but these will give the team a good starting point to prototype and play test the game. The client also needs an overall look and feel developed before the components can be made.
The client developer can put in “test code” to emulate network messages if the server code is not yet existing.
Payment for services can be “per piece” or the project can be bidded on as a whole. Examples of previous work required.
[url removed, login to view]