Project Description: We are looking for you to build a photo collage widget in Flash similar to [url removed, login to view] but much simpler plus an utility program that reads the collage save files (xml) and renders png of the collage. Since, we intend to run the photo collage widget as part of a bigger site the UI needs to be scaled appropriately. Creating the widget will require:
• Standard UI work to allow the user to create a collage. We do want to keep the UI very simple for usability purposes.
• Interaction with our Web Services (image library + save and load a collage) as well as accessing Facebooks, Flickr, and Photobuckets API.
Deliverables: The compiled .swf file and the source code plus any resource files needed to compile the .swf.
Delivery Timeframe: 20 to 30 days.
Please check out the attached [url removed, login to view] as it is a guide to the basic UI required.
The UI requirements:
• The widget should be sized roughly to 750 x 500 pixel, but ideally needs to be scalable.
• The [url removed, login to view] shows an accordion control on the right that holds all the objects that can be added to the canvas. We like the accordion control but if you can think of a better UI element we are open to suggestions.
• The accordion control has three pockets: “My Images”, “Image Library” and “Balloons & Text”. The elements to be displayed in “My Images” and “Image Library” will be retrieved from a Web Service. Additionally, the user needs to be able to add images from the users desktop, Facebook, Flickr, and PhotoBucket to “My Images” via the “Add Images” button. The items in “Balloon & Texts” list are hard coded.
• Ability to add images, text or balloons from accordion control to the canvas by either dragging and dropping or other means.
• Ability to change the rotation and size of an image, text and balloon on the canvas by using handles.
• Ability to change the color and font type for the text on the canvas (I am looking for a suggestion on how to do this best)
• Adjust z-order, i.e. push-back and pull-up objects on canvas.
• Save collage as XML to Web Service by pressing the save button.
• Auto-save feature that saves collage to the Web Service every 5 minutes and on-close.
• Start over (“New” button) – erase all elements from canvas.
• Only one collage at the time needs to be edited.
Business logic requirements:
• Needs to read a UserID field at startup from HTML container.
• A SHA1 hash of UserId will be used to authenticate Web Service requests.
• On widget load check with Web Service method LoadCollage() at [url removed, login to view] and retrieve Collage XML of a previously saved collage. If a previously saved collage is returned render it on the canvas.
• Manual “save” and “auto-save” save the Collage XML to [url removed, login to view] using the SaveCollage() method.
• We will work with you to finalize the Collage XML.
• To get a list of images for the “My Images” section use ProjectLibraryList() at [url removed, login to view]
• To get a list of images for the “Image Library” section use SystemLibraryList() at [url removed, login to view]
• When adding Images via the “Add Image” button we expect the widget to handle the communication with the Flickr API, Facebook API and the PhotoBucket API as well as the upload from desktop. After the image has been uploaded to the widget it then needs to save the image to the [url removed, login to view] using the AddMediaToProjectLibrary() method.
• The secondary utility program needs to be able to read the Collage XML and create a png file as output.
Budget ---------- $500 to $1000 ----------- Maximum!!!