large digital media distributor (500,000+ unique visitors monthly) needs a custom flash video player created that will work with our ms sql 2005 database of uploaded files. you can basically think of youtube's player as a basis, but vimeo's player as a graphical basis (like their visual style much more)
- plays flv/mp4
- capability of Q'ing up multiple videos for successive playback
- reads a querystring in URL box to pull appropriate information from database, to display file
- shows 'other videos' from DB after playback is completed
- embeddable on other sites (also shows other videos on those sites, also shows a searchbox at end of those videos, like youtube, to search through our DB)
- full screen
- our logo presented at bottom left or right, including on other sites that embed us (logo click should bring to our frontpage)
- youtube like speech bubble capability is a big plus, but not mandatory
- i want people to be able to put #4:16 in the querystring to go straight to that part in the video, like youtube does
our site (which will be revealed privately to interested parties) expects to see 1 million monthly visitors by late 2009, we're growing steadily and your video player would be seen by a lot of people as time goes on, if that serves as any sort of e-bragging or ego boost for you. we're happy to keep useful contractors as friends as well for future projects.
applicants should only be people/companies speaking english as their native language, and based in an english speaking country please.
please provide evidence/portfolio of similar work you've done to prove that you're capable of it.
more details can be hashed out in messages between us.
UPDATE: you don't necessarily need to be able to make the flash player connect to the DB to gain its values all by yourself. if you make the player to accept object parameters like <param add id="file" value="file.ext"> I can pass those parameters to the object on my page code.
Also, the site runs on ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 with c# - PHP isn't available
hey one more feature i forgot to mention in the project text that is very important and i need you to say you can do it.
i need to be able to provide ads during videos in 2 different ways, of my choosing for each individual instance of a video playing.
1. the ability to place points in the player timeline, that will stop the video, play another video (commercial) and play the video again after commercial from that point in time. i should be able to specify 3-4 points in the timeline that i want ads at or not
2. a little popup box from the bottom to show an ad for a few moments than it will go away. i'll be putting 468x60 banners and text ads there most likely.