Project summery / Look and feel
1) Download the project files here: [url removed, login to view]
2) Build a 3D Flash animation using the provided storyboard ([url removed, login to view]).
3) Use Adobe Flash CS2 or CS3.
4) Use the following websites as inspiration:
4i) [url removed, login to view] - Once you enter this site, we would like you to create a clean staircase like this. The cubes animate very well too.
4ii) [url removed, login to view] - We love the clean cubes and shadow usage (Very important).
5) Each cube should be coloured like a Rubik’s cube (see Rubik’s cube here: [url removed, login to view]). We don’t want the black gaps between colours, which appear on a normal Rubik’s cube. Use the colour scheme, but design the cubes like: http://www.ddblondon.com.
6) You must use the colours provided in “[url removed, login to view]”. There should be equal transparent gaps between each cube when they all come together (as seen in [url removed, login to view]).
7) The animation should use the space provided in “[url removed, login to view]”. Photoshop guides indicate this. The animation should also maintain the look and feel of the website (elegant, cutting edge etc). We are giving you creative control over this project. Please use a text, which fits the rest of the site.
8) The animation should have an elegant loading bar to fit the rest of the website. We must be able to insert the Flash animation with SWF Object 2.0.
9) Each scene should flow into another smoothly.
10) Insert the text where you feel it fits. Make sure the time between each scene is long enough for the user to read.
Detailed project description
* Please refer to “[url removed, login to view]”.
1) Create a 3D staircase like in this website: http://www.chaoticcreations.co.uk. The staircase should be the first thing you see once the load has complete. Maybe the stairs should fade in? Please be creative!
2) After the stairs have appeared, the animation should show 6 3D cubes racing for the staircase.
3) When the cubes nearly reach the top, they should tumble down the stairs and fall off the screen. As the last cubes fall, the camera should follow them into the next scene.
1) This scene shows 3 cubes already stacked whilst the remaining 6 parachute down on top.
2) Each parachute should have a different word written on it.
The words are: Finance, Human Resources, I.T, Sales, Operations and Marketing.
3) Please space the cubes equally and make sure the cubes gently fall into place. The gravity of the cubes falling should look realistic.
1) Once the cubes have landed, the parachutes should fold up and disappear behind.
2) Now that the stack of 9 is complete, it should move to the middle and start rotating. The rotating motion should look as if the Rubik’s cube is trying to solve itself.
1) This scene should show the Rubik’s cube getting closer to being solved whilst it shows the new text.
2) Keep the cube in same position.
3) Make sure the text has changed from the previous scene.
1) By this scene, the cube should nearly be complete and we should see it finishing the sequence.
2) When the cube has finished, it should turn at an angle and we should see a bright shine glaze across it (like this: [url removed, login to view]).
3) The text link which reads, “Click here to find out how” should be linkable to a page on the website. You must make this clear in the action script so I can change the link at anytime.
Terms - Please read before bidding
1) For this project there will be 3 stages. Stage 1: You follow our brief and produce a creative animation. We will then review the animation for changes. Stage 2: After discussion you will make the changes we have requested. Stage 3: We will review the changes and make any last adjustments.
2) The project must be completed in 3 days. This will include part of the day you win the bid.
3) Your communication must be regular via Skype or MSN.
4) You must speak excellent English.
5) Payment via the Escrow system on GAF.
6) An impressive flash portfolio must be submitted with your bid.
7) ONLY bid if you have the experience.
8) In your bid, you should include ideas you have for the animation.
9) If you can't do it in the time specified please DO NOT bid.
10) When awarded the project, you agree to accept the project via your GAF account before beginning work.
11) Please bid with a personal message. Those that have copied and pasted a generic reply won’t be considered.
Important note before you bid
I have just started a new job at a BIG Creative Agency in the UK. For this job: I am currently looking for animators to use on a regular basis. If you do an excellent job, I will be putting you on my contact list of animators to use on a VERY regular basis. Please think about this when placing your bid.
Thank you and happy bidding!