Made by Babe is a plus-size driven mid-tier luxury clothing line for the new-aged magical girl preparing to launch Spring 2021 with pre-sale available Fall/Winter 2020. Made by Babe is best described as a whimsical, fairy-tail clothing brand for the girl looking to bring a touch of magic to her world. Our designs range from gowns to daily wear, with each garment being designed in house and working with hand-dyed unique fabrics. We're currently looking for a Patternmaker and Sample sewer to help bring our designs to life. We prefer someone with at least 3-5 years of experience but are open to anyone who believes they may have the talent and skill to get the job done (recent College grads can apply!). This job requires someone with extensive attention to detail, garment construction, experience working/sewing with satin, silk, chiffon, cotton, linen, and single-needle work. Currently, this position will be worked remotely as contracted work, but we hope to find someone that is looking to become part of our growing team in a full-time position. You MUST have your own equipment and space to work. Because of COVID, we prefer to keep as much communication as possible via FaceTime, Zoom, or Google Hangouts. However, for fittings, we will have to meet in person and ask that you are able to do so without jeopardizing your health or the health of those around you. We also ask that you please have a smartphone, and/or working laptop/computer/iPad.
Job Duties will include
- Must have the ability to cut fabric and sew proto and production samples in your own location.
- Must be able to make professional-quality samples using the overlock machine.
- Ability to sew silks, chiffons, tulle, satins, cotton, linen, and rayons.
- Neat and clean sewing skills.
- Knowledge of high-end sewing finishes and techniques required, such as baby hems, bias bound to finish steams, french seam, flat-felled, and princess-seam.
- Create patterns to be used to produce the garment, either free-hand or with a computer.
- Create prototype patterns from design sketches, reference photos and measurements of the fit model
- Prepare the material to create the garment, including: measuring, placing marks, and cutting the fabric.
- Create the sample garment from patterns at a high-quality level that is acceptable for marketing.
- Gathering fabric for large ruffles.
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to manage a firm deadline.
- Posses strong construction, draping, and sewing knowledge.
- Create a pattern and samples in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Adjust patterns for next fitting
- Must have experience working in plus-size or understand plus-size clothing.
- Must be able to follow directions, be transparent with current work load and excellent communicator.
- MUST be located in the grater Los Angeles County Area, however we will consider anyone living outside of these areas if the fit is right.