CalEstates is an estate liquidations and auctions company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are growing fast! We have requests to host estate sales and sell consigned items in online auctions everyday, and it's moved beyond the capabilities of our three person office staff (with additional sale support staff). We have to keep track of all of our different consigners/clients, sales numbers, sales tax (including the management and record of sales tax exempt re-sellers), customer invoice management, and ensuring that each of our consigners is paid the appropriate amount after their items are sold (so accurately tracking different item lot numbers, consigner percentages, etc).
The chosen person would work in tandem with our CPA/Tax Accountant via online quickbooks. They will assist in collecting the day-to-day data from our business transactions and inputting that information into the online quickbooks system, so our accountant can seamlessly process the payments from our business bank accounts and record the appropriate tax information.
Necessary Skills and Credentials:
- Online Quickbooks Pro
- Fast response communications via email
- Prior experience with online bidding platforms preferred (or ability to learn new programs quickly)
- Fluent and grammatically correct in English
- Can communicate/work primarily within the PST (Pacific Standard Time, US) 9am-5pm business day
- Undergraduate degree in accounting (will consider an associates degree if it is accompanied by additional accounting certificates)
On average, we will need assistance for an average of 5-10 hours a week (with some weeks requiring as much as 20 hours). If it's a good fit, we will work with this individual for the foreseeable future. We will determine the pay level based on the experience and skill level of the chosen candidate.