I need a program/spreadsheet that will take a variable number of teams and generate fixtures for a large mooting (debating) competition. I have looked at programmes that generate sporting (soccer) fixtures but the requirements are different.
The parameters are:
- the number of teams is variable, (usually between 6 and 50, may be odd or even number of teams) and each is assigned a team number (eg 1, 2, 3 etc)
- each team must be fixtured to argue against 4 different teams.('4 rounds')
- each team is allocated either gold or green. they must meet 2 green teams and 2 gold teams. (this is so weak teams do not meet 4 strong teams, and strong teams do not meet 4 weak teams).
- the competition involves arguing for the claimant and the respondent. Each team must argue for the claimant twice and the respondent twice. they should argue twice for one side before swapping to argue twice for the other side. In other words in their 4 rounds they can argue CCRR or RRCC, less ideally CRRC or RCCR but not CRCR except as a last resort.
- there should be a manual override and if possible, automatic recalibration of the remaining fixtures. For example if one team is drawn to meet only teams from the same county, the program should allow refixturing for that team, and consequently refixture the others affected, so that a more satisfactory spread of opponents is achieved.(I dont know if this will be possible!)
- reusable each time the competition is run.
Hi, We have gone through your requirements and are able to get it done as per conditions specified by [url removed, login to view] check PMB for further details.