I have a spreadsheet that has 7 tabs, please see attached (the GREY tabs).
The orange tabs just show you how these tabs SHOULD look like after the macro has been run.
A few notes about the spreadsheet.
The main tab is „Raw Data”. All other tabs are empty at the beginning.
Most of the columns have data that is irrelevant (called „Data” in the attached spreadsheet)
The only columns that really „matter” are O, P, AW, BR, BV, BW
Column O and P can only take on three values: „Dog” or „Cat”, or „Sheep”
Column AW can take on only two values: N or Y
Column BR can only take on two values: „Apple”or „Orange”
Column BV can take on any value.
Column BW is a COUNTIF formulae (with range BV)
I need a VBA code that does the following.
1. The first row is just the header row, that should always stay the same no matter what.
2. If in a certain row, column P is not blank, delete the whole row
3. As I mentioned earlier Column BW is a COUNTIF function looking at column BV as a range and cells BV2, BV3 etc as criteria -please see attached in the spreadsheet
4. If in a certain row, the value of column BW is 1, move this row to tab „Sunday” (starting from row 2, do not touch the header) and delete it from tab „Raw Data”
5. If in a certain row, the value of columns BW is more than 2, move these rows to ”More than two items”, and delete these rows from tab „Raw Data”
6. If in a certain row, the value of columns BW is 2, then these pairs need to be analyzed individually following the below logic. (By pair i mean rows where column BV matches, so for example the two rows where column BV is „ad” and so on for all of the pairs)
A: if column BR has the same value for the two rows currently analyzed (so either Apple/Apple or Orange/Orange) move these rows to sheet „Monday” and delete it from the „Raw Data” tab
B: if column BR has different values for these two rows, do the following:
a. If column O if has the same value for these two rows (either Cat/Cat or Dog/Dog, or Sheep/Sheep) move these rows to sheet tab „Tuesday”
b. If column O if has different values for these two rows, do the following
i. If column AW is „Yes” for either of the rows move to tab „Wednesday”
ii. If column AW is „No” for both of the rows move to „Thursday” (Invalid mismatch)
7. Go to tab „More than two items” and if within any of the groups (same definition as before) column BR is the same for all row, move these to „Monday” and delete from „More than two items”
That is it, by now the raw data tab should be empty
Obviously the attached ss is just a random example, the actual spreadsheet is much larger and can contain thousands of rows.
I know VBA a bit, so please make sure all of the lines are explained so I can chaneg it if needed.
In the actual spreadhseet i wont necessarily have apples/oranges so please make sure it is straightforward how I can change it.
Same with the column names, so please make sure it is straightforward how I can change it.
I know VBA a bit so it wont be a problem if the code is clear,
13 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 33 £ tähän työhön
Hi,i am experienced in VBA Relevant Skills and Experience Data Processing, Excel, Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Apps Proposed Milestones £18 GBP - initial milestone