We built a prototype program in Excel to calculate and track the efficiencies of knitters in our company in order to keep standards across the factory floor. It tracks 4 different types of downtime that knitters must enter into computers during their daily tasks. We use a program that tracks downtime and standard time each downtime is supposed to take. The program sorts the dumped data (from an SQL server) into time and which zone of the factory floor they are working in. The manager makes sure that the people are assigned to the correct positions. The program pulls the data from the data page based on name of employee (from an updatable drop-down menu) and sorts it into the appropriate sheet in the workbook. The program checks the times of the entries, compares them with other entries to determine if there is any downtime overlap with other machines and calculates that time out. It also checks the time of the activity against standard times that are adjustable from the settings page. It adds up any remaining time over the standard and from what is left after removing duplicate entries and provides a downtime. It then calculates the lost yardage based on machine speed and stitching pattern. It determines if the start of the downtime happens during a break and filters that into another category and doesn’t count it toward their efficiency. Anyone else that records these downtimes in this area gets segregated into a category by themselves. The program consolidates the information and creates a percentage of efficiency (100% means that each task is using only the standard time required for the tasks, no more, no less). All of the information, is shown on a dashboard display and individual reports are generated for each knitter based on their daily performance. The individual reports include a chart that give the percentage of activity that the knitter performed these activities (instead of other operators such as technicians)
The program is struggling in a couple of areas and require assistance.
1. Tracking multiple machines being down and only penalizing the knitter for one at a time has been a challenge. We probably need help rewriting this part of the system as it has gotten complicated and needs a sorting element that is beyond our skill to correctly complete.
2. The program was written by an amateur in excel. Therefore, much of the program is clunky and needs consolidation and a more efficient layout with the same function.
3. The program needs to be able to add downtimes to the program without much difficulty.
4. Report page that tells us average times and variance for different downtimes for only the knitters.
Things we would like to keep:
1. Adjustability of knitters and their work areas.
2. Adjustability of downtime standard times
3. Easy usability. We would not like to do more than dump the data and click a button to have all of the information updated.
4. Collective Dashboard screen
5. Individual Reports per Knitter
20 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin $2218 tähän työhön
Dear Employer, I completely understand your VBA based requirement. Will do all the points that you need to install. Kindly check my previous reviews for your kind consideration!! Thanks, Ashish