Build an Excel Macro (using VBA) which should get all the Excel files ("xlsx" extension only) within an specific folder (and the first level of sub folders), opening each one, and creating a new and unique Excel file appending all the data you got under each opened Excel file.
All opened Excel files will have the same structure (number of columns and first sheet with data only) and a dynamic number of rows (2,156, 1205,12098, etc). Basically, this a combination process, a really simple (and repetitive) process for who is skilled with Excel and VBA.
Main features it should contain:
- Chose and set the main folder where to start to search for files in. Next time the Macro will be opened, it should remember the last folder selected. Anyway, the user needs the option to select it again at any time.
- Chose and set the folder where the resultant Excel file will be stored in. Same than above, the Macro has to remember that location for the next uses.
- The Macro should take only the Excel files that has this structure's name: "*_Products_20*.xlsx". If any other name file is found, omit it.
- Object (button, image, whatever you would like to insert in) to Start the process of file's combination.
- The resultant file will be called "[url removed, login to view]". Also, the unique sheet with the data, has to be called as "Combined Products File".
- Final message telling the user that the process has concluded and how many files has been combined into only one Excel file.
- Accessible code (not password protected) ) for future modifications -and well commented-.
Attached at bottom, two files to test the structure and process there, into your environment.
Note: the real process will have lot of more files, not only 2 as you can imagine.
*Budget between $40 and $50. Higher than that, unfortunately will be ignored.
*Answer this question if you are a human bidding on this project: Who is the guy called Messi ? ;)
*Estimated time frame: no more than 2 days.
Thanks and good luck.
8 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 6 $/tunti tähän työhön
I just finished my recent Excel Macro VBA Project (See my review to proof it). I didn't download your example file. But from your description, I have no problem at all. I hope we'll discuss further. Thanks.
Hi, I will work as per your direction. I ensure you the accuracy of my work. I am ready to start working. I am waiting for your response to start working. Thanks
Lionel Messi is an Argentine professional footballer. Im capable to do this task. I have more than 12 years experience in vba Excel projects. There are few solutions. I would like to discuss. Thanks, Ravi