The situation is a spreadsheet with several columns containing text and numbers. There will be a whole range of columns with numbers that will be of interest.
The macro should do the following things.
(1) In the first worksheet of the example file, let the user select the range of columns ("range") containing the numbers of interest. (highlighted in yellow in the example file)
(2) In the first worksheet: After the right most column of the above selected range, the macro should insert an additonal column named "changed".
(3) The marco should compare the numerical values of each cell within "range" to the list of numbers ("list") given in the first column of the second worksheet.
(4) If any cell within "range" contains a number from "list", the respective cell should be cleared, shaded in a light grey colour and the affected row where any deletion happened will show an "x" in the before inserted column "changed".
(5) The macro should check each cell within "range".
(6) No other cell except those within selected "range" may be altered by the macro.
The example file is very small and only for illustrative purposes, but the the final macro should also be able to work on 100.000 rows and a few thousands of different values for "list", for example. Therefore, if the final bidder knows efficient programming, this is even more welcomed.
Attached is the example file.