Extend an existing charge controller for charging Electric Vehicles with Wifi and communication with an OCPP Backend.
I want to make an existing semi smart charge controller capable of configuring trough wifi and able to communicate with an ocpp Backoffice. I want to remove the screen and configuration only trough wifi.
Capabilities today are:
- Smart charging capable, reduces charging current when demand elsewhere increases.
- The load balancing feature allows you connect up to 4 controllers to one mains supply.
- Switched 230Vac output, for contactor/relay.
- Can be used with fixed cable, or socket and charging cable.
- Automatically selects current capacity of the connected cable (13/16/32/63A)
- Locking actuator support, locks the charging cable in the socket, automatically unlocks on a power failure.
- Powered RS485 communication bus.
- Built-in temperature sensor.
- All module parameters can be configured using the display and buttons.
- Firmware upgradable.
- The controller operates at a mains voltage from 110-240Vac
Important part is this:
The controller will be build with the following service => [login to view URL]
So you will need a bom and gerber file.
You will also be able to see if the parts are available and common.
The project of the existing controller is located at the following address:
It is this controller I want you to extend and rewrite
[login to view URL]
THE CONTROLLER SHOULD MAINTAIN ITS EXISTING CAPABILLITIES AND MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH AN OCPP BACKEND