Editing, Copy-Editing, Proofreading, & Typesetting a Self-help/Business Book
Maksettu toimituksen yhteydessä
I am looking for an experienced editor to help me with my self-help/business book. The book currently has around 50,000 words, and I am looking for someone who can help me with editing, copy-editing, proofreading, and typesetting. Briefly, I want the book ready for publishing.
The tone of the book will be a mix of formal and conversational, so I am looking for someone who can balance both styles effectively. I have lots of examples and illustrations, I will need input there as well.
The expected turnaround time for the project is 1-2 weeks, and I am always available for questions.
Ideal skills and experience for this project include:
- Proven experience in editing, copy-editing, proofreading, and typesetting. I have had bad experiences. If you have not done this before, please do not bid. I will need to see references, and I will need to have one chapter edited for free before selection. If you are comfortable with that, please do not bid.
- I am attaching a random chapter for the contest. The final award price will be determined with the winner directly. Yes I am budget sensitive, this is my first book.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Must be a native UK speaker. Please do not bid if this doesn't apply to you.
- Preference will be given to those who already have established connections with publishing houses.
- I am expecting the winner to really turn around many chapters, sentences and ideas, in order to bring the book to a publishable state. This might require breathing life into some chapters, as they might appear dull and theoretical.
Projektin tunnus: #36664796
88 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin $412 tähän työhön
Hello there, As an editor with 10 years of experience, I can make the document perfect. The process will be entirely manual. If you would like to discuss this further, please send me a message. Regards Modina