I am writing a novel, the genre is science fiction and fantasy.
I am looking for someone to edit the first part of my novel, which is currently at 100,000 words. The areas of concern:
- Continuity of ideas (races/names/genders of characters) and consistency of elements.
- Ease of reading. (should be about 8th grade reading level, though the content is focused on adults.) My concerns are that the plot goes off the rails.
- Tightening of the plot (some parts may be redundant or not relevant.)
- Background in editing of Fiction stories or novellas (minimum of at least one 25,000 word story edited.) This can be published or self-published work of another author.
- Conversely, a published or self-published work of at least 50,000 words would be acceptable, based on book sales and reviews.
- Basic understanding of fantasy and science fiction tropes.
- List of edited work. (Copyediting is acceptable if limited creative editing examples are available.)
- Open mindedness of narratives that include LGBTQ, non-binary characters.
1. Fill out the questionnaire attached in full.
2. Send a list or portfolio of the above requirements.
3. References (optional).
4. Your bid.
1. I will confirm your submissions and ensure they are factual. I don't care if you have experience. I do care if you lie.
2. I will contact up to 5 individuals with an offer to edit the prologue of my novel, approximately 10 - 15 pages. You will be paid for your time. You will need to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
3. I will select 1 individual to edit the first part of the novel. The novel is in three parts, with a prologue and possible epilogue. I conceive of this as the first novel in a series, plus I have other ideas I am working on. This means repeat business for you.
27 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 122$ tähän työhön
I can do that for sure Relevant Skills and Experience Idk if it matters but I've been editing and correcting books from wattpad for money before so Im good at it but not a profesional
Sifi is my thing! :) love reading and currently work as a project manager, lots of paper work and proof reading reports for board and execs so more than happy to review and edit!