I need someone to do some transcription work. I have several videos from a conference of which I need the audio to be transcribed.
The video contains an automatically generated subtitle file (SRT) which is far from perfect. I need you to edit this subtitle file so the written text corresponds with the audio. You can use any subtitle editing software you like, but I can also send you a link to a software package that you can download. The final product should be a SRT file with all the audio. You will not have to:
- Use British English spelling (e.g. organise, traveller etc.)
- There is no need for any kind of punctuation marks (no question marks, dots etcetera)
- Transcribe as LITERAL as possible (don't correct any grammatical mistakes unless they would be too embarrassing, e.g. mans instead of men)
- Write numbers as digits (e.g. ten = 10) for legibility reasons (numbers with more than 4 digits, however, you can write like this: 200 thousand, 1 billion etc.)
- Write % for per cent and first, second etc. for 1st, 2nd
- If people talk simultaneously you just transcribe the person that talks most clearly.
After you have finished you will send the SRT file back to me. If there are any words that you did not understand or names that you are not sure of you will have to let me know as well (so called "issues"). Every line in the SRT file has a number and you will have to write down the number plus the problem that you encountered at this line. I rather have you tell me you didn't understand some of the audio than that I discover faults in the written text that you didn't mention.
- Your English should be sufficient both listening skill and writing skills. You should be able to understand English spoken with different accents. There are people speaking with an American accent, Spanish accent, German accent, Chinese accent and so on.
- You should have an average of not more than 8 "issues" per 10 minutes of video. This can be averaged over the entire video. If your English is not sufficient and you bid on this project and you go over this number of issues you risk to not get paid. Unless you have some very good arguments to why you have so many issues (accent of the speaker is not one these).
You will be paid 0.25 euro per minute of video that you will transcribe. The first video is 32 minutes and 49 seconds long. Which is around 8.25 euro for the first video. If you deliver quality work I will have more videos for you to transcribe. I have for at least another 3 hours of videos waiting for you with more videos coming every week.
Good luck bidding,
6 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 30 € tähän työhön
I am new in [url removed, login to view], but I am quite sure that I can nail the job. I have taken IELTS test and scored 8.0 out of 9.0 The project can be finished before 3 days.
Hello, I am a qualified transcriber with excellent English and attention to detail. I assure you quality work within the deadline giving you 100% job satisfaction and value for money. Regards Amazlance