We're building a Drupal site that captures users (leads) property preferences (location, price range, # of bedrooms) in the account creation form. We have a property listing content type that contains fields that match the ones in the user signup form. We need a way to email leads when matching properties are submitted to the site.
We were thinking this may be possible using the Rules module but we haven't been able to figure it out.
So the project requirements are:
- a system within our Drupal site that will match leads & properties (based on their Location, Price Range and # of bedrooms) and will generate the email that goes out to the matching users with a list of the matching properties. This can be accomplished using contributed modules or custom built code. We would prefer using contributed modules like Rules but understand this may not be possible.
- emails should go out on a scheduled basis (yet to be determined but I'm guessing once a day)
- ideally we would like it so users could unsubscribe themselves from receiving these emails via a link in the email
- currently we have it set up so the user can enter their preferred location via a Google map (using Location & Gmap modules). We're using the Location module for the property listing address as well so I'm hoping the map coordinates can be used to match properties that are within a certain distance of the user.
- the remaining fields to be matched (bedrooms/price range) are simple text/integer fields. We'd like it so the matching would occur within a certain range (eg. +/- $200.00 and 2+ bedrooms)
- we'd like to get this up & running as soon as possible and we're hoping it can be accomplished within a week or so.