The base goal of the project is to create an enhanced rewrite of my desktop program that incorporates an efficient “plug-in” system so that additional features can be added without having to touch the basic structure of the product.
The rewrite also aims at:
- Get rid of all the “spaghetti code” and have the product totally written in a professional object-oriented manner.
- Have it use a MVC/MVP pattern approach so that forms do not contain any business logic code.
- Get rid of the old TWAIN and PDF third-party libraries used in the current version and implement a new and powerful library.
- Parts of the system may have to be designed as a DLL object for reuse (to be detailed during the analysis phase).
- Toolbar items must not be hardcoded and allow for flexibility in order for the “plug-in” system be able to dynamically add its own items, forms and graphics to the program.
- Graphics can be basic ones as we will make use of professional designers for this task, later on.
- Code must easily compile under Borland Delphi 6 Pro.
- Full source code must be provided.
- As a provider you will be paid for a specific programming job for which I am the sole intellectual owner, so I retain full rights on the product and its source code.
- Specific third-party components and libraries must be studied and used according to their specifications (trial versions will be provided).
- Provider will sign a non-disclosure and non-competing agreements that will prohibit it to rewrite any or part of the code for any other customer or for its own use. If you cannot cope with this then do not bid.
- The project involves 3 delivery phases:
- #1: Working clone of our product that must implement the new library
- #2: Implementation of the plug-in system with at least 2 working plug-ins for each pluggable working area (to be defined during analysis).
- #3: Defects correction, system review and documentation and final build.
Full source-code and compiled binary must be provided for each phase.
For each phase, and prior to start working, provider will send:
- Requirements and analysis documentation
- Full design documentation and UML diagrams of the whole system (all created analysis/design documents will be subject to approval and may be changed as per my requirements).
- Payment will be divided in 3 parts, each part being paid after total delivery of each phase deliverables.
Preference will be given to independent developers who can provide proof of having written Delphi applications according to full O-O principles, MVP pattern and who can provide source code aor design documentation background.
Provider must be able to communicate by email and Instant Messaging whenever required and have a flexible, team-work, educated and solution-oriented approach to problems. A huge amount of communication will be required and I want to be able do dynamically discuss all analysis and design stuff whenever I decide to.