I have software for our Christian School. I am wanting to make some changes to it. I want everything that is on it now with changes added to it. These are the changes:
1. We want all of our homework slips, and anything that we bulk print, to print with 1 click. Right now we hold CTRL and click on everyone’s name, then we click on reports and click print. (I’m satisfied up to this point.) Now, for every homework slip I have to wait for it to send to the printer and then hit OK. I have to do this 40 times for 40 students. I don’t mind the - Right now we hold CTRL and click on everyone’s name, then we click on reports and click print. – But after this I want to click print 1 time and they all print.
2. On the Goal check report, I want to make sure that it page breaks after 5 weeks. It doesn’t matter how many pages this turns out to be. I want 5 weeks on each page.
3. On the goal check and homework slips, I want the rows to resize based on the info in them. Last year we might have put in someone’s home work column “Finish Book”. In the Goal check report it said “Finish Bo”, because the rows were set. I DO NOT want it to resize left-right. I only want it to do this top-bottom. And if there is nothing in that row, I still want a row, but it can be minimum, so that the ones that expand will have room to resize.
4. I want a way for us to insert and store our comments per student per day into the database and them print out on homework slip instead of the lines we have now to write on.
6. I want a report that will tell me who has detention and Correspondence sent home. Another report for Absences and tardies. So that we can have a count of them.
7. On the goal check report and Homework slips, can we have a light shading in the boxes that are “Pre-filled” (The boxes that do not pull from data that we are inserting), such as the dates, subjects, etc.?
8. When we put our quarters and weeks in, I want this to be automatic. I will put the quarters in and tell it the start and end dates and it will know the weeks.
9. I also want to add a different report and page to input information (Notes). We would like to have a place to put “teacher notes” about the student with a date and be able to print this per student or all students separately at will. We do not want this printed on goal check report or homework slips. This is only if we have a parent that wants to know what has been going on. This is our documentation.
10. We have notes that go home to remind about field trips, special days, meetings, etc. We want to be able to type this message in once and it print out only on the selected students’ homework slips. Maybe call it “Special Notes”.
On the Absentee Report, this should be of all students every time and should just flow to a 2nd or 3rd page depending on how many students that we have.
On the Detention/Homework Report this should be just for students that had demerits, homework or something in the correspondence for the day that we select to run a report on.
On all of our reports we want to see if anything that is in red font can also be italics.
On the Notes Report to keep up with the number of Absences and Tardies we can put in a number in the box for that day. This report should
also flow to as many pages as we need notes for. eg. If I have 50 notes, it might be 5 or 6 pages long.
The shading that I mentioned earlier was just for the Goal Check, not the HW Slip.
Reports: We already have the Goal Check and Homework Slip. We want to add the Absentee, HW Report, and Notes report.