I have a small project to purge and reinsert some data back in original table.
I do want this process to be done either korn shell or shell.
Steps are as below.
1) To create a full backup of the table(should prompt Create table as select or expdp).
2) To create a partial backup of the table using criteria which is a WHERE condition. (should prompt create table as or expdp).
3) backup of the DDL of the table, index and all the othe object.
4) should prompt yes or no to truncate table.
5) should prompt to insert the data back from using backup table or impdp.
This process should be able to handle not only 1 table but multiple reference tables as well.
Make a Cron Shell Scripts for you: 1) For IMP/EXP 2) For Select and where clause 3) Should be run on Request as well as automate Automate your whole Process (if static values has been given daily).