The project is to devise an algorithm in Excel that will determine month to month how much money needs to be in an engine accrual fund so that when an engine has to be replaced the club has a sufficient amount of money in the fund to cover the cost.
As you know, I’ve already done this, but it would be interesting to see if someone else with the same mission would come up with something that would predict similar amounts of money or something totally different. If it’s similar then I would be reasonably confident that what I’ve done will work. If not, then maybe I’ve missed something and we’d need to understand the differences. In any case, don’t look at what I’ve done, start with a clean slate.
1. Must have monthly results that are updated based on actual flight hours by airplane for the month.
2. Future month forecasts are based on monthly average flight hours by airplane that should be variables in the spreadsheet so that they can be changed as needed.
3. Starting points for each aircraft are:
a. N6NS 841.49 hours
b. N6026Y 364.88 hours
c. N199RN 1016.10 hours
4. TBOH for each aircraft are:
a. N6NS 2000 hours
b. N6026Y 1800 hours
c. N199RN 2000 hours
5. Today’s costs for each engine overhaul
a. N6NS $25,000
b. N6026Y $36,000
c. N199RN $31,000
6. Must be able to account for inflation rates for the aircraft engine as a variable. Inflation rates to be defined annually but applied on a monthly basis.
7. Must account for annual interest earned on money already in the engine fund as a variable in the algorithm.
8. To have some monthly flight times to start with, use the what I have below. Keep in mind that your algorithm needs to be able to apply actual flight times each month and be able to adapt to changes in the average flight times for future forecast. The numbers below are the 1 year trailing average and presumably we would need to be able to change this each month based on new data.
a. N6NS 17.17 hours
b. N6026Y 18.92 hours
c. N199RN 16.13 hours
16 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hey. How are you today? I have got 5 years of rich experience in VBA and SPREATSHEET I can work urgently for you. Let us discuss and move ahead. I am ready to start. Please reply so that we can move ahead
I am a business analyst and your project sounds very interesting. I have an accounting degree. I could have the project completed in a few days. My bid is a flat rate.