The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for inputting lists of items, numbers, or other data into the computer; or completing forms that appear on a computer screen. The Data Entry Clerk may also manipulate existing data, edit current information, or proofread new entries to a database for accuracy.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Apply client specifications to accurately complete process and key client materials.
2. Timely and efficient identification of various client materials.
3. Work efficiently within a team environment to meet client deadlines and service level agreements.
4. Ability to identify different document types.
5. Maintain a record of completed work.
6. Follow instructions and communicate with supervisor or trainer when appropriate to ensure customer expectations are met.
7. Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data.
8. Maintain confidentiality and security of client information per client guidelines.
9. Maintains levels of productivity and quality based on department standards.
10. Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
• Persuasive communication skills necessary to collect essential information, answer questions, and direct callers to appropriate personnel in a professional and courteous manner
• Developed interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas and government agencies as required
• Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around complex, multiple assignments
• Thorough knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
• High school Diploma or GED.
• Type a minimum of 10,000 alpha numeric and 10-key strokes per hour (KSPH) at a 98% accuracy or better.
Physical demands with activity or condition requiring a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine. Physical demands may include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping. May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25 lbs.
Nouscom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equality opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.