The idea and concept for the site is for uses to be able to post a quick (300 or 500 characters or less) story that happened to them in there day or whenever. People in your community see these posts. Also you have the ability to add a tag to it similar to the function of a hash tag on twitter. When another user or yourself clicks on your hash tag it loads all the other stories from random users who have used that exact same tag so you can see other users stories. The website its self would include the ability of users to create an account (password and username protected). In your account/profile you would have the ability to see your recent posts, manage people in your community, also see all the people that liked your story. Would later like to develop an app, after the website has been created. (Another project completely).
Here is what we wish for the website all to include...
- Users create account (Username and password protected)
- Uploading post you can check with groups can see or all of them
- Add people to their community
- Privacy settings ( Share with only community or allow public to see posts)
- Tag stories so others can find them ( They wont be called hashtags)
- Star favourite stories that go into your favourite lists
- Create different groups (example. create a family group, friends group etc. so that if you post in the friends group grandma won't see your drunken bar story).
- No pictures except for profile pic.
Here may be some questions answered...
- the difference between a group and a community is... Your community is everyone that you add, your groups are the different groups of people within your community. For example In your community you have 20 people, and 5 groups and 4 people in each.
- the communities would be created by users, you add people to your communityjust like you do in Facebook and twitter, except you have the ability to select what group you want them in. Or you can add them to just a general so they see all your posts. So that when you make a update you select who can see it so you can select everyone or a specific group(s).
- The ability to add from Facebook and Twitter would be a feature we would like to include.
These are the rules we wish the website to follow as far as terms of service... If a user violates
We look forward to hearing back from you.