The aim of this project is to develop a prototype of visualization system by integrating multiple and coordinated visualizations. You will select one of the five datasets from your previous work. The submission includes a design report and a Web-based interactive system.
Project Steps and Requirements:
You will need to complete the following steps:
1. Identify at least three visualization tasks for the dataset.
Information visualization is more than visual representation alone. It also takes into account the tasks the user wishes to pursue with visual representations. Identifying a task is to find what a data analyzer needs to discover from a dataset (e.g. what are the clusters of cereals based on selected attributes?). In addition, a task for a visualization system is to find knowledge by utilizing interactive visual exploration, that is, by combining visualization with interaction tools.
-Requirement: Write down the tasks in your report.
2. Design a visualization system to fulfill the identified tasks.
(1) Visualization design: Data + Task = a visualization representation? This design considers which visualization is best suited to pursue a given task on the input data.
-Requirement: Design at least three visual representations (e.g., scatter plots, parallet coordinates, treemap, …) for your tasks. Write down the visualization representations for each task in your report, and why you choose them.
(2) Interaction design: What are the limitations of a visualization representation? Dimensions? Cluttering? Then, what kinds of interactions are needed to include in your system? Multiple visual representations need to be coordinated with your interaction.
-Requirement: Design the interactions for your visual representations. Write down the interaction methods (e.g., brushing, labeling, zooming, …) in your report.
3. Implement the Web-based visualization system with interactions.
-Requirement: (1) The system should be accessible through Web browsers. (2) Your visualization and interaction functions should be fully working. (3) Multiple visualizations should be coordinated through interactions (e.g., brushing over one view changes the other views).
-Requirement: Write a user description for your system in the report, which may include the explanation and examples (with screenshots) for your functions.
5 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin $228 tähän työhön
Hi there, We've reviewed the details of your project and we can do this project. We are very good with D3.js so we'll use that. Looking forward to work with you. Thank you!