You are to write a music streaming server and a client that connects to the server and plays the music.
The base requirements for the server and client are as follows:
1. The client and server components must be capable of running on separate machines.
2. The client must be able to play .WAV files.
3. All audio tracks must only exist on the server.
4. The client and server must communicate and transfer data using sockets. The client must NOT read audio data from the server using any file-handling functions.
5. The server must be able to accept connections from and process requests from multiple clients concurrently.
6. The user of the client must be able to request a list of audio tracks from the server and the user must be able to select one for playback.
7. The user of the client must be able to start and stop playback of the selected track.
8. The server should be a console application that does not require any user input during execution. The server may access a configuration file or the registry for sufficient startup information required to establish communication with clients (such as IP port number to use, etc.). All other configuration of the server should be done via the client. The server may output logging or diagnostic messages to the console.
9. The server must be written in unmanaged (native code) C++. You may not use Microsoft’s managed or universal application extensions to C++.
10. The part of the client application that communicates with the server and plays the audio must be written in unmanaged (native code) C++.
11. The audio content must be played by the client using the DirectSound API.
12. The size of any individual buffer used in the client to receive data from the server can be no larger than 128KB.
13. The size of the secondary buffer used in DirectSound to hold the section of audio to be played can be no larger than that required to hold approximately four seconds of music.
The above list contains the base features that must be present in any solution in order for you to pass this assessment. It is important to note that, even if you implement additional features as described below, if the base functionality is not implemented correctly, then you will not be able to pass this assessment. In particular, the audio must play cleanly, without any clipping or gaps between sections of the audio track (except those caused by any network latency if the client and server are on different machines).
Your client will need to provide a graphical user interface. In order to do this, the C++ code that communicates with the server and plays the audio must be packaged into a dynamic link library (DLL) and a suitable API exposed by the DLL that can be called from any suitable high-level language. You may write the user interface in any language of your choice using any suitable user interface API, but it must use the C++ DLL for all communication with the server and all audio playback.
your code must contain additional evidence of independent learning. Examples of this may include, but is not restricted to, the following:
Creation of a playlist of tracks that automatically play one after another with the ability to fade out one track and fade in another.
The user interface shows the progress of the playback of the audio file.
The user interface allows control of the volume of the playback
Implementation of the server component as a Windows service or a Linux/Unix daemon. In this case, you should provide the necessary information or tools required to install/de-install the service. Note that if you do this, it replaces base requirement 8 (that requires that the
server is a console application). Ideally, you will provide a setup application or batch file to do this.
The ability to play other types of audio file as well as .WAV.
3 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin €417 tähän työhön
Hi, I'm a highly skilled and experienced software engineer. My area of expertise is broad ranging from low (BSP level) to very high layers (applications, GUI, networking, ...). Give me a try.
It's a interesting project but I think it must be paid 500 euro or more to finish project. You can contact me if you are interested in my suggestion. Thanks.