This project task is to design a system that will allow real-time feedback altitude control of a (UAV – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) to introduce an altitude control system for altitude stabilisation.
The aim of the project is to research and design a UAV drone design with a altitude control system to integrate the university course within the personal hobby. The designed system will perform two tasks. Once the altitude stabilization function is activated it will lock the altitude of the drone after the operator takes it to the desired height and make the drone hover in the air. The second function once activated will make the drone take-off by itself and fly to a pre-programmed height from which the operator will take over control.
Project requirements are:
• Use a ready manufactured drone design to integrate it with the altitude monitoring system.
• The selected drone should come with arduino board or any other microprocessor which is easy for modification compatible with the installed altitude sensor.
In order to accomplish project requirements the main deliverables are:
• Gain technical knowledge on the project area through research and experiment with the arduino board, drone design and altitude sensor.
• To investigate, analyze and modify ready manufactured electronic drone, altitude sensors, assemblies and evaluate which would be the most suited for the project. Major factors to consider are: cost, operational time depending on current draw (power consumption) and battery capacity and the desired system response depending on sensor sensitivity.
• Produce a detailed project plan and schedule detailing the tasks involved and timeline required to complete the research presented in the form of a Gantt chart.
• To determine the relationships between the motor thrust, input current and the drone altitude.
• To develop a suitable software code and algorithms.
• To design a circuit diagram showing wiring interconnections between the added sensors and the drone assembly.
• To determine the form factor (size, weight, dimensions) of the drone and sensor.
• To produce an engineering report justifying the decisions made during the project and discuss the major decision points.
Dear Sir, I have [url removed, login to view] in Electronics engineering, [url removed, login to view] from Informatics and Automation engineering from Germany. Currently I am working with siemens as an development engineer. Development of UAV is my passion. I h Lisää
10 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 7 £/tunti tähän työhön
Hello, I have developed many different autonomous flying platforms and I am familiar with many senors and sensor types that can be integrated onboard a UAV. I am looking forward to work on your project, Gus