[url removed, login to view] is a flexible web platform where people can learn and share ideas that will help make our society more sustainable. What makes [url removed, login to view] different from other sites is that The CarbonPig does not try and trap you on [url removed, login to view] or spoon-feed you prefabricated ideas. Rather, The CarbonPig has created interactive features that empower you to make change, share knowledge, and innovate. It essentially functions as a series of databases to store “environmental” information; somewhere to come back to so you don’t have to try and bookmark every great eco-website you come across.
When users utilize our features or generate content, they are effectively offsetting CO2e emissions. The more you use the various features on the site, the more carbon is offset. By earning “CarbonPig Credits”, our user community will have the power to reduce unprecedented amounts of GHG emissions over time.
The Writing Job:
Currently, we are looking for writers to contribute content to the ThinkTank, located at:
[url removed, login to view]
The ThinkTank is our special kind of forum. We are looking for writers who not only have solid literary skills but also can identify interesting and relevant topics related to the nature of the site.
In order to be hired by [url removed, login to view], we are requesting prospective writers to generate an original ThinkTank entry that is at least 4 paragraphs in length and demonstrates the knowledge, formatting and styling skills needed to effectively communicate your ideas to a larger audience within the framework of the website. Furthermore, we would like you to provide at least one thoughtful comment to an existing entry. Think of this as the job interview; just as you would have to invest a bit of time into a regular job we would like you to invest a short amount of time into applying for this job. We have seen many good writers that are hopeless at working within the framework of a site like ours, and many good writers that know little about topics related to the nature of CarbonPig.com- we simply aim at sorting such people out and have found this is the best way to do this.
Example entries can be found within the ThinkTank. Please keep in mind that these are examples. The subject, style, and tone of your submissions can, and should, be different. We are looking for thought provoking content- everything from blog style articles to opinion pieces to more informational articles. From your submissions we will be choosing around 10 writers we feel are best suited to our needs to become ongoing CarbonPig writers. They will then have the opportunity to write articles about topics from a list we provide and suggest topics they wish to write about.
1) Create a user account. You can do so at:
[url removed, login to view]
2) Create a Twitter Account (if you do not already have one) and link it to your CarbonPig account under your user settings.
3) Upload a photo to your user account: This process is pretty straightforward and we are looking for an actual photo of yourself to be uploaded to your account under the “edit” tab.
4) Once you are logged into your account, go to [url removed, login to view] to review the existing ThinkTank articles and provide at least one thoughtful comment to the article of your choice.
5) Create an original ThinkTank article. All fields are required and we are looking for at least 3 references per submission and at least 1 photo using our image assist tool. Of course, some topics require more references and/or images to convey your point. We expect original work and high quality references (e.g. The Economist, Scientific Journals, New York Times, IPCC reports, government websites, etc.). You must reference the URL of your photos and references.
6) When you have completed your submission, please email your [url removed, login to view] Username and a text copy of your submissions to writers at [url removed, login to view]
If you are selected to become a CarbonPig writer, you will then begin to be paid at a rate of $8-30USD depending on the length of the article and the quality of your work as demonstrated by the sample article you submit. Most articles will be in the 500-1500 word range. Most writers will be asked to produce 1-4 articles per week.
You may also be offered the opportunity to write longer or sometimes shorter articles for a higher or lower fee and to be paid to write comments to other people’s articles. Submissions will be screened for originality by a third party using library and web-based content screening security systems. We reserve the right to suspend content creation at any time.
Once selected as a CarbonPig writer, we will pay via PayPal after delivery of content every two weeks. Please note that since we will be managing a number of writers, we are unable to make any special arrangements.
• You will notice that we are implementing a user-point system titled “CarbonPig Credits” – This system is under development and paid writers are not eligible for rewards earned through this system.
• Many parts of the site are still under development; please do not generate content outside of the think tank unless you receive a specific email requesting/inviting you to do so.
• We appreciate any feedback on the site.
• Complete user account profiles are preferred.
• The site is fully/most functional in the latest version of Firefox web browser.
Summary of Information:
The requirements to be considered to join CarbonPig Writing Team and quality requirements for content are that you:
• Create a new user account that:
-Has an actual photo of yourself
-Has all fields filled out
• Write an original ThinkTank article that:
-Is 4+ paragraphs in length
-Demonstrates a high competency in English, formatting, and ability to work within the framework of the website
-Is 100% original
-Has at least 3 high-quality references with web links
-Has at least 1 photo uploaded with the image assist tool that references the source URL
• Submit Online on [url removed, login to view] and email text to writers at [url removed, login to view]
• Write 1 thoughtful comment to an existing entry
$8-30USD per 500-1500 word article.
That’s it! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
-The Team at [url removed, login to view]
writers at [url removed, login to view]