I need someone to write about 10 trips they have been on. Provide me a sample of 1 trip before I select the winner. its only 70 words.
Only 65 - 100 words per trip. Since some of you live in foreign cities you can write about them as if you were on a vacation.
* Be original.
* Incorporate specific details about the place, the buildings, the light, the sound…
* Capture what is unique about a place, especially from an outsider’s/traveler’s perspective.
* Capture what is universal about an exceptionally exotic place. People going about their day-to-day lives in the midst of tourism.
* Be poetic, philosophical, metaphorical, and creative.
* Put the reader in a place and time that will allow him/her to imagine what it would be like to travel here.
* Try to give some context for places of historical interest.
* Be honest and straightforward. Not every trip is for everyone.
* Inform without being preachy or elitist.
* Create your own beat. Write about places, moments, and topics—big or small—that you care about, are obsessed with, or would usually only tell friends about.
* Encourage responsible and sustainable travel, particularly in places with fragile ecosystems and economies.
* Find a special angle when writing about well-known tourist destinations: a story, a view from the outside looking in, a place to reflect on everything you have seen and experienced, a common philosophical thread.
* Try to find experiences that are (relatively) eternal and won’t become obsolete immediately.
* Find your focus. Some trips should be written for broad audience, while other should have a specific focus (e.g., singles, couples, families, gay, straight, backpackers, women traveling together, guys on buddy-trips, honeymooners, babymooners, the elderly, foodies, golfers, beach bums, adrenaline junkies, skiers, etc.). Know your audience.
* Use photographs as inspiration.