Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven German Content Specialist to work as a freelance with our marketing team in Montreal, QC. The German Content Specialist will be responsible for developing the internal/external messaging and German content for our growing line of products. This person will have amazing writing skills and perhaps been referred to as an absolute literary ninja! You’re stoked to work with a fast-paced, dynamic digital marketing team and will use your creativity to turn technical capabilities into customer benefits. If you love to put your outstanding creative and writing skills to work on a wide variety of projects – from product launches and web copy to sales promotions, videos, and marketing campaigns, then we’d like to hear from you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while creating a better customer experience. More than 35,000 businesses processing over $12 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile POS and newly acquired eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and Investissement Québec (IQ). With our recently acquired eCommerce platform SEOshop, Lightspeed is growing into an omnichannel solution for mid-market businesses worldwide. Our culture is focused on enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
- Help develop and implement a comprehensive content strategy
- Take ownership of the German content
- Become highly knowledgeable about Lightspeed’s products and customers in order to develop product messaging that clearly differentiates Lightspeed’s offerings
- Working closely with the product management and marketing team to translate product messages into exciting, relatable content that converts prospects into customers
- Support the production of high-impact marketing and sales materials that communicate value and benefits for customers including, but not limited to content for web, brochures, promotions, social media, video, case studies, and our blog
- Optimize content performance by understanding data marketing segmentation to develop content variations.
- Actively contribute original solutions that deliver highly polished, creative, and impactful marketing campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging content marketing trends and their applicability to the firm’s marketing needs
- 3+ years of experience in software product marketing, copywriting, and public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, creative writing or marketing or equivalent experience
- Solid experience writing and translating English to German
- Strong understanding and experience generating SEO content
- Outstanding written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong project and time management skills as well as good business acumen
- Perfectly bilingual with experience writing, and editing content in German
- Must be able to work with a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-driven organization
- Experience with Social Media, conversion optimization
- Experience with Wordpress, Salesforce and Marketo
- Fluency in other languages: Spanish, Dutch, French