We are seeking a skilled long article / story writer to write 10 articles / stories for us at the rate of $500.
We are looking for someone who is extremely competent, communicates very well, is flexible and easy to work with, and can follow directions.
** There may be an opportunity for future work as well.
Also, please note, you will be paid $50 per story as each of the 10 are completed. So, after the first, you will be paid $50 and so on.
With your response, please indicate your turnaround time for both 1 article and also all 10 as a group. Example: 1 should take X days and all 10 X days, etc.
Please also include samples of your work.
Here are the project requirements:
- You will write in a certain style that we will describe to you. We will basically outline for you the format of the article or story so you know exactly how to write it and what sections it will have. All you need to do is follow directions and be a bit creative. This will actually speed the process up quite a bit. Example: we will say there are essentially 5 parts to this article and each part should have roughly X,Y,Z included.
- Each article will have a gross minimum of 2500 words. More words are fine. Your effective "net" word count will likely be less than 2500 words. This is because this includes quotes you use from sources (although they shouldn't be long quotes to "waste space"), side "boxes" that are used to summarize key points, and also headlines and sub-headlines. Essentially this means less overall work for you.
- You should be able to break certain parts of the articles up into bullet points and/or points of summary (or important points). We will show you an example of what we want in this regard.
- Please be able to communicate back and forth and understand ideas about the project and revise as needed - multiple revisions of various parts may be necessary and should not be a problem for you. This is a back and forth and a building of great articles.
- You should be able to find quotes from studies, celebrities, news sources and/or authors that apply to each story topic (we will show you how to find these if needed) and use them in the story.
- At [url removed, login to view], you should be able to pick out images for portions of the story and come up with a headline for the image that applies to article / story as well (perhaps 7-10 images, could be a few less or more depending on the story). We pay for the images, you just pick them out.
- This is a work for hire, "ghost-writing" type of a project and all ownership, copyrights, etc. will be ours.
- You should be able to mark each section of your writing similar to what follows:
This is a regular paragraph.
- point 1
- point 2
Why is this necessary? For organization and so it's easy to convert into a web page. It's simple, you just put the same tags on the front and back of each section of your article. We tell you what tags to use and where to put them.
Thanks and good luck!
We look forward to an ongoing relationship with you...
P.S. Be sure to read this completely and respond adequately to have the best chance of getting hired. It could mean excellent, consistent work for you now and in the future!