Initially I will get the winning bidder to provide and revise one article. If it goes well then there are about 10-15 articles to do around 600-1000 words each. This will be content that people are paying for to have access to so it needs to be clear, professional and consistent. The application isn't complicated so it won't be very difficult to learn/understand/communicate how it works.
Each article will explain how to do a specific function in the system. There is existing documentation that is too complicated for people to understand so you will use this and also have access to the application. You writing the content, capture/upload and reference screenshots for each step and to explain how to do the tasks. Content will be written directly into my joomla content management system.
I think the main problem with their manual is that they are trying to explain too much at once.
The writing style
* The goal is to be able to explain/demonstrate how to do a specific function in the system
* Start with a summary to explain what we are about to do
* Use dot points and/or numbered lists for explaing the steps to take
* Provide screen shots of each page and important steps, refer to them in the text
This helps people understand if what they are in the right place, doing the right thing
* Write professionally & consistently
* Finish with a conclusion to explain what we just did
18 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 418 $ tähän työhön
Hi, I have experience teaching people how to use computer and have written over 20 'how to' manuals on a range of software. I have sent you a PM and attached an example of one of my manuals. Many thanks, Nicole.