This is a writing project for a large well-established mainstream consumer content website who is seeking additional US English writers for our team. The assignment is to write 100% original 500 word SEO optimized articles based upon provided keyword/phrases, mostly on women's lifestyle and health subjects. There will likely be subsequent work available for excellent article writers. We care A LOT about grammar, writing style, and content presentation, so we are NOT looking for churn-it-out 75-cent article writers.
Absolute Minimum Writing Requirements:
I. Standard US English usage expected: edited for grammar, spelling, punctuation
II. Informal journalistic style writing (not academic)-Creative skills are a plus
III. Must be familiar with Cultural, Moral and Social American standards and concepts
IV. You will be responsible for communicating your timely project progress
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ARTICLE WRITING PROCESS
(This is a simplified version of our Complete Instructions to Writers-which will be sent upon acceptance of bid):
1. We will assign article subjects/topics to you in batches of ten and expect to fix delivery date at that time.
2. Each article will focus on one or two "key phrases," usually found in the title provided; writer will add a subtitle fitting to topics covered; writer will be expected to peruse our site to familiarize for audience awareness
3. You must Google the key phrase (or a simplified version of keyphrase if there is no content on our keyphrase) and read/scan five or more of the top articles posted -- your writing must include CREDIBLE information (not just opinion) and be carefully originated -- DO NOT simply rephrase content from competitor sites
4. Draft your article offline in your own editor (Word, etc) and format with bold, italics, bullets, etc (but do not change font or font size)
5. You will be expected to write a cohesive organized article; you are encouraged to use variations of a regular essay format (Paragraph of Introduction, 2-5 Paragraph/Body, Paragraph of Conclusion). You are also encouraged to write in an informal, upbeat, informative journalistic style and may include creative, descriptive phrasing and appropriate examples
6. Proofread, edit and then copy your article into our website editor using the WORD PASTE button in our editor.
7. Complete Formatting, including but not limited to:
--Insert a Read More line by putting the cursor at the end of the first 40-60 word paragraph and hitting button
--Bold the keyphrase in the opening paragraph and 1-3 other times (about half of the occurances) and italicize it once in the article
--Find 4-7 keyphrase variants or derivatives in the article and bold them (plurals, possessive, change the order of the words, add words before or after, etc)
--Add bulleting or breaks if needed for lists to maintain flow of article
--After final editing, highlight and copy the text and use CopyScape to verify that your content is 500 words or more in length and 100% original (you will be given a user id and password linking to our copy scape account for this project only)
--Add the word DONE into alias box provided
This is an article contract writing position. All publication AND COPYRIGHTS are retained by us upon payment. When you write for us, you transfer all copyrights to us, and we can use and resell this content as we see fit, including publishing it under any name we choose.
Your bid is for 10 well-researched well-written original articles of at least 500 words. If we like the first 10, there well no doubt be more.