The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is soliciting proposals for a one-year contracted producer and host for the second season of Federation’s Imagine Israel Podcast. Federation’s podcast is one of several engagement resources developed as part of Federation’s Imagine Israel program platform, designed to connect Washingtonians with Israel and Israelis through the lens of social change by focusing on issues of civic engagement and social justice.
• Act as the creative director in collaboration with cross-departmental team members. This includes helping develop the overall storyline for the podcast season, as well as each individual episode.
• Identify and work in collaboration with the Imagine Israel team to secure interviews with guest speakers with captivating stories and engaging speaking skills. Script compelling, character-driven stories as well as more conversational interview segments.
• Conduct interviews with local or international guests using audio or video editing platforms. Proficiency in audio mixing and editing required.
• Record and edit the podcast in a timely manner to meet consistent, monthly release dates.
• Work on advance schedule so that next episode is recorded by the time previous episode is released.
• Make sure all relevant resources, from news items to guests, are sourced and scheduled before recording.
• Produce written transcript of each podcast to be posted with the final recording.
BACKGROUND OF IMAGINE ISRAEL PODCAST:
• The goal of the Imagine Israel Podcast is to create connections between Washingtonians and Israelis, through the primary lens of social change. In the past, the podcast has explored areas of religious pluralism, disability inclusion, shared society and more.
• Part of the storyline for the podcast should focus on interviewing Israeli “Changemakers”—a term to describe someone in Israel who is creating change, small scale or large, to improve Israeli society. Since many of these Changemakers will not be accessible in person, interviews can be conducted using a video platform or over the phone.
• The Imagine Israel podcast is meant to be an engagement tool to connect our community to Israel regardless of one’s politics and is not meant to endorse political views.
• Local to the Greater Washington area, and have expertise in developing interesting, compelling story lines. Familiarity with Israel and Israelis is required.
• Be an engaging interviewer/host and have the ability to add compelling framing to each podcast episode.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to handle and complete tasks in a timely manner on his/her own at the direction of the Imagine Israel team.
• Since consistency in episode release is key to a podcast’s success, the podcast producer must be able to meet strict deadlines.
• The podcast producer must be communicative, and available to meet with the Imagine Israel team monthly (initially, the producer must be able to meet frequently as we develop the content and overall storyline of the podcast).