We currently have a file-finding application that use to work well, but no longer functions correctly on some of the newer versions of the Mac OS. We would like to have this app built from the ground up, made to be compatible with the very latest version of Mac OS as well as all prior versions down to Mac OS 10.4.
We can provide the previous source files, etc., for your reference as you work on the development, but we would like this to be built from the ground up as a new app in order to avoid carrying over some of the previous bugs.
Here is what we are looking for the application to do:
* Accept a comma delimited list of filenames and find all of the matching files within a specified set of directories.
* As the files are found, they should be displayed similarly to how Finder would display them in their own search results screen.
* The user should be able interact with the files just like they would in Finder. Meaning, they should be able to select one or more files and drag the files (copy, move, drag to open in another app, etc.) from the search results screen, just as if they were doing it from the standard Finder search results. They should also be able to use the command-c and command-v keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste the files to a different location. (no support for pasting *into* the search results is required)
* The search needs to be able to handle whatever number of filenames we give it. For example, if I would like to search for 750 files at one time (using 10,000 characters in the search string), this search utility should be able to handle that.
* The search cannot be slow... it needs to be as quick as possible so that our users are not frustrated when using it. While the app is searching, a progress bar should be displayed to let the user know where it is in its search progress.
* The completed app should have a file menu item labeled "Help" that describes and shows what each section of the app is for, and explains how to use the app.
Attached are a few images showing what our existing app looks like. The new app should have the same basic functionality and it can either be made to look the same, or slightly different (if you can think of a better design for it). In the attached screenshots, the "Search Files" text area is where the user can paste (or type) their comma separated list of filenames into. Pressing the "Add" button causes a file finder window to display, and it allows the user to select a folder to search for the images in. The user can click the "Add" button multiple times to add multiple folders to the list (the folder names display one beneath the other in the list). To remove a folder from the list, the user selects the folder in the list and clicks either the "Remove" button or hits the delete key on their keyboard. The "Start" button starts the search, and the "Stop" button halts the search. A blue bar at the bottom displays the progress of the search.
6 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi from Michigan ... again! I see you posted this job on Elance. I have code that will do 95% of what you want from a previous project. Let me know which site you'd like to use. Thanks Eric