I need to an app which will be a simple list of Categorized YouTube videos.
- Android platform
- Support for Android 2.2 and up
- Coded in Java and Eclipse.
- Following screenshot explains what I want the app to look like: [url removed, login to view]
- Top menu button will have main list of top categories + one right at the bottom called favorites
- Upon selection of categories from the top menu, left side (dark) menu gets populated with the list of sub categories (assigned to top menu category)
- Upon selection of sub category, scrollable list of youtube videos (configurable) will be loaded with associated youtube thumbnails (on the right side of the screen). List of videos for each sub category can end up having thousands of videos, so videos will need to load in sequence of 10 or 15 in order to allow fast scrolling...
- Upon single tap on video, it should open youtube video in default youtube android player (preferable check if youtube app is installed on the device)
- Upon long press on the video, client can make a certain video his favorite (these will end up in Favorites).
- Upon long press on the video, there'll be an option to report video as no longer available (report can be send by email).
- Upon long press on the video, inside client's favorites, client should be able to un-favorite the video
- All categories have to be easily configurable by a non-coder (Top categories, Left side Sub Categories + List of video urls). Preferably all the info will be read from 3 text files (something which app can download upon start from web - I have a hosting). This way I can update the app's content remotely.
- In the top right side will be a button to refresh any given category at any time, but no more often than every 60 seconds (fresh copy of the text file with the list of video urls will be downloaded from web to app)
- In the top right hand corner will be a search icon, this will allow to search for any video by it's name and description or part of the url [video code] (as specified in the text file).
- At the top of the list of videos, client needs to have an option to sort videos by youtube video attributes (date it was added to youtube, number of views, etc.)
- There has to be a place at the bottom of the app (something not shown in the design screenshot) for Google Admob ads.
This app has to be professionally done. Modern design is required (jellybean like) which needs to work from Android 2.2 up.
Configuration files (Top categories, Left side Sub Categories + List of video urls) would ideally not be in the text file, but hosted on my server in MySQL database. Or it could be in json or xml format. Mysql would be prefered however.
Additionally progress of syncing new database to mobile app should be visible to user. So they know how far in the progress they are.