I want to hire a C#/.NET developer with good SQL experience to augment an existing development. It is C/S based C#/.NET project with MySQL as database. You will be working on some bug fixing and enhancements. Depending on your ability, you could take bigger chunk of the development. It could be a potential long term position.
1. Extensive C#/.NET experience with C/S desktop based development.
2. Strong SQL experience with insight knowledge of query optimization . The database is complex table schema with views, store procedures etc.
3. Extensive reporting development. The projects consist of complex custom reporting layout.
4. Familiar with EDI is a plus.
5. Be able to work some hours overlap with US Pacific timezone to co-ordinate with project lead. We run daily code check-in, iterative development, daily development report and progress report. So the candidate should be self-starter, responsive and reliable.
6. Be able to communicate with basic english.
7. Be able to dive into existing development quickly and contribute. Fast learner and be able to dive into the existing code base quickly.
8. Any generic proposal will be automatically disqualified.
Please provide the answers with detail specially address the following questions:
1. Please provide some most complex SQL query you have written.
2. Please describe your experience in database table schema design
3. Please provide some most complex SQL optimization and performance tuning you have done. Please provide the specific detail than generic summary.
4. Please provide most complex report layout developed in C#, such as separate header, multiple indentation of sections and rows.
5. Please describe your approach to an existing development.