Respond please only if you have experience in creating Addins using VSTO.
I need to create Outlook Add-in that will enable me monitoring to which active category each message belongs (by category I mean custom category – nothing related to Outlook built-in category). Add-in will be used by 6-7 people.
Please find below the idea of how the Add-in should work:
1. Each time user sends e-mail using Outlook desktop client, pop-up window should be displayed, where user would choose one category (after choosing category message should be send). This action should be performed each time message is sent (it doesnt matter if the message is the first in conversation or subsequent one).
2. Each time user reads message in Outlook – pop-up window should be displayed to choose the category it is related to. This category should be assigned once to the e-mail message. Subsequent reads should not invoke the process (once the category is assigned to the mail, such information should be stored in database and when user opens mail again, and again – there is no need to assign/change category). Popup window should be displayed if user opens the message or reads in in preview pane.
3. Every user should be able to access each category.
The addin should allow answering question – how many e-mails in each category/in time reference each user sends/reads.
1. Admin should be able to manage categories (add new, set the old one as inactive). The ideal option is to give the admin seperate form to manage categories,
2. SQL Server Express database should be use as database,
3. Add-in should read person’s e-mail address while being run for the first time,
4. View should be created in SQL Server to be accessed later on from Excel by using Power Query,
5. Source code needs to be available to me,
6. The addin should be created in Visual Studio. Perfectly – in vb.net. C# is also acceptable,
7. Setup file should be delivered to install add-in for each user,
8. Script to set up database should be delivered.
I will also need online support (e.g. teamviewer) in changing appropriate labels for buttons etc. in addin.