To port existing .NET code of a console application to a Linux compatible language (C++ or Java) to be able to execute it on an Ubuntu Server. the .NET code uses Leadtools v19 as a main library to process images. The image processing do image cleanup and then image crop using a Leadtools Master Form definition (xml, bin and tiff file).
• There are some critical requirements on the performance attributes for the application and a set of stress tests are going to be given as part of the requirements to ensure that the solution complies with the specification.
• The application has around 2000 lines of code and has three third-party dll (Leadtools v19, Log4Net and commad-line utils) and an Exe component.
• The application uses several .NET framework native libreries, including LINQ, ConfigurationSection and XML serialization frameworks.
• The port must include the source code, the build procedure that can be added to a continuous integration tool (jenkins) and the development environment definition.
• The original implementation took around 8 weeks, so the port must not take more than 3 weeks.
• The command line has 6 parameters to process depending of the scenario.
• Debug level must contain information regarding INFO,WARN, ERROR and DEBUG implementations.
• All code must be documented and unit test coverage must be above 80%.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $750 for this job
What about prepare this application for mono for Linux environment? [url removed, login to view] I think, this solution will be enough fast and effective.