I have about 200 FileMaker custom functions that I've developed over time. Most of them are text manipulation functions, but there are other things as well.
I need to convert all these FileMaker custom functions into FileMaker plugin functions.
Therefore I need someone who understands BOTH FileMaker and C++ to essentially port the code.
There are two ways to do this:
1. Rewrite all the functions from scratch in C++ and then build them into a plugin with the FileMaker Plugin API. Or...
2. The FileMaker Plugin API includes an "Evaluate()" function which you can just feed FileMaker custom function code, so the easy way to do this job would simply be to wrap all my existing custom function code inside Evaluate() functions. Then we don't even need to do any filemaker to C++ translation.
I think in reality, the best result will come from a combination of both approaches, depending on each function.
I'm open to other suggestions on how to go about this.
Over time, I will continue to create more FileMaker custom functions that I will want converted into FileMaker plugin functions. There is potential for ongoing work after this initial project. Please keep that in mind when making your bids.
This can be done by anyone in the world. We can communicate everything over the internet.
I have only one requirement other than the obvious skills already listed for the project, and that is that you must have EXCELLENT written English.
The resulting FileMaker plugin(s) must be cross platform and work with FileMaker on both Mac and PC. So in short you must be:
â€¢ proficient in C++,
â€¢ familiar enough with FileMaker Pro Advanced to be able to read and understand FileMaker custom functions, and
â€¢ experienced with the FileMaker Plugin API.
1. Delivery and Payment: I've had a few people contact me on Skype and other places (don't know how they got my details). They want me to pay them $100 or 50% or some other amount in advance before doing any work. I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in doing business that way. As is the expected procedure for doing business on this site, please place your bids and state what milestones you require, and if your bid is successful you will be awarded the project, and subsequently paid, on those terms. Of course feel free to also write me a message to explain to me why you believe you're right for the job.
2. Bidding: Not sure how people know what my Skype name is, but if you do choose to contact me through some means outside of this site, please do so ONLY after placing a bid (preferably with a message) on this site.
3. Skills: It is a requirement for this project that you are familiar with the FileMaker External Function Plug-in API. If you don't know what this is, or you are not familiar with it, please do not bid. If you don't understand what FileMaker "custom functions" are, please do not bid.
4. The FileMaker plugin(s) that you deliver (and the functions within the plugin(s)) must work in FileMaker 11 and 12 on both Mac and Windows.
5. I will deliver to you the FileMaker custom functions in a FileMaker 12 database file (functions.fmp12). Â You will need to open that file using FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 so that you can access the custom functions (FileMaker Pro non-advanced doesn't allow access to custom functions). Then, your job will be to produce one or more FileMaker plugins containing external functions that exactly duplicate the functionality of the custom functions.