The hand in for this project is 3pm GMT on Friday 27th March 2009
This is a C++ project to create a version of battleships to run within the console in windows. this is only a first year project so it doesn't have to be overly complicated.
Ideally this project should be created within Visual Studio, or at least be easy to import from another program to VS with no loss of data.
use of array's and simple functions should be sufficient, as well as classes where necessary (eg a general "ship" class, with more detailed classes for specific ships etc)
Here are the basic requirements:
* You need to create a 10 x 10 playing field for each player to place their pieces and an additional 10 x 10 playing field to capture their shots at the opposing player
* Each player gets 1 Aircraft Carrier (5 spaces), 1 Battleship (4 spaces), 1 Destroyer (3 spaces), 1 Scout ( 3 spaces) and 1 Jetski (2 spaces)
* Each ship is to be placed on the board horizontally or vertically
Board - The board is 10 x 10 organized with A-J identifiers across the top, and 0 - 9 identifiers down the side
A B C D E F G H I J
the grid layout should be as above, with appropriate ASCII symbols ( horizontal "-" and verticla "|" should be used to create the grid)
* There are two players in this game
* Each player gets their turn placing their pieces down on the board
* After each player has placed their pieces they take turns "shooting" at the others board. this is done by the player typing in a pair of co-ordinates, eg. B3, into the console.
* If a player's shot hits an opposing player's ship (a spot on the board where a ship is located) then his marking board displays "HIT" in that spot
* If a player's shot misses and opposing player's ships, then a "X" is placed in that spot on his marking board
* If a players ship is hit, his board should show what ship was hit and where
The board should be cleared between players so that each player only sees his ships status and his shots status.
* Plenty of useful, easy to understand comments