Note: Selected Linux as OS although this is for MacOS X since there is no option for MacOS X and MacOS X is based off of a linux/unix distro...
I would like to expand the functionality of Moire X. Here's what I'd like done:
1) Change layout of screensaver preferences to look exactly like the original preferences look like (excluding having a preview in the preference area), this means the buttons should be arranged as they are in the original and titled as they are in the original
2) An about box should be added to the screensaver preferences (a button in the preferences marked 'About should be there)...it should say the following:
Homepage: [url removed, login to view]
Forums: [url removed, login to view]
Download: [url removed, login to view]
Help keep Moire X alive, donate: [url removed, login to view]
2) Option to change length and speed of screensaver should be added in preferences
3) Any and all shapes that exist in the original screensaver but have not been included in this clone should be added
4) I would like a system to be created so that people can easily create their own shapes, instructions on how this system works will need to be written, it should be made easy enough that anyone who wants to do this can. It should work somewhat like Apple Script works, there's a external application included with the screensaver that allows you to write the shape, then the person should be able to save it to a file (and when being saved the code should be checked for errors, if any are found a error message should be displayed explaining what's wrong and the person should have to fix the error before saving), however it doesn't need to be saved as a binary, rather it should be saved uncompiled and the screensaver should be able to work through the code when the screensaver's run...the custom shape file would be put in a folder the user specifies via the preferences window of the screensaver, then there should be two ratio buttons, one to chose premade and hardcoded shapes (and the dropdown menu for those shapes would appear below that ratio button) and another to use the custom shapes placed in the folder specified in the screensaver preferences (and a dropdown menu would appear below that ratio button too), the dropdown menu whos ratio button is not selected should be grayed out
An example of how I think this could work is by creating some sort of syntax where people would just specify various coordinates that would make the shape up....an option to specify angles as well may be needed in order to make shapes with curves...
Note: If you feel this expansion should cost more then the posted budget for this project, then please place a bid with the price you feel is appropiate, however it would be prefered and greatly appreciated if all bids could stay within the posted budget for this project
Also NOTE: I will need daily updates via email on the projects progress
Oh and there's one other thing that I think should be added to the custom shape maker:
There should be a paint type option where instead of the user having to code they'd have a GUI which looks like Microsoft Paint, here they draw their shape using various drawing tools such as drawing lines, a tool to draw angles such as the shape of U, etc, then when done they'd click a done button (where is up to you, although it should be easy enough to see), then the code would be made for the user from what they drew and they could save it from there...
NOTE: Of course the lines will have to connect, so perhaps the program would automatically try to connect lines that aren't connected automatically in a way it seems fit, and if the user was going to connect it himself he could chose to undo the auto connect via Edit>Undo, in addition all custom shapes should of course be subject to the same kind of animation as the hard coded shapes as well as the random color changing and such
Alright and last but not least...
There should be the option in both the manual source writing area and the Paint type area to preview what the custom shape'll look and act like when run in the screensaver, there should be a option to run it both full screen and an option to run it in a small but not too smal window which can be moved around the screen but not resized
Also when one uses the Paint type interface to make their custom shape, once they click done and the code is created they should be able to either at that time manually edit the code just created, go back into the Paint type area to make changes (and any changes they made to the code themselves would of course be reflected in the Paint area), or to save the custom shape
Also, one should be able to go back, open their custom shape and edit it at any time either manually in the code editor or in the Paint area, in addition I feel there should be at least two sample custom shapes to help give people an idea of how to make custom shapes in addition to the documentation I'll need written on how to use the custom shape making system
Last thing, the sample custom shapes should of course be commented, which means that the custom shape system will need to recognize some sort of a comment syntax