Our company is currently developing a web-based back office system that will be used by different companies at different locations around the world.
I am looking for a developer with the following skills and experience.
1. A developer who is able to connect MS Outlook/exchange server to a SQL server database. We want to connect data in MS outlook with data in the web-based back office system.
2. A developer who can develop a script that will trigger the question “”Do you want to save your changes?” when a user closes the internet browser or clicking on another page.
3. A developer with experience developing scripts which will automatically trigger actions on database level when a certain date passes.
4. A developer who can trigger from database level MS office programs to perform certain actions.
It is important to find someone who has the creativity to build web based look and feel systems. Users need to get the feeling that they are working with a windows type of system.
The system will be build in AJAX, c# and asp.net 2.0
I hope to receive soon some reactions.
Budget around 400 dollars per month per developer
Additional info regarding MS outlook connection
The objective is developing a script, which will synchronize the contacts list in outlook with the web-based back office system that we are currently developing.
The web-based back office system is a product that we will sell to other companies around the world. The system will be used to store data that is needed to manage operational processes. This system works primary with only one SQL Server database. That means that different clients of us use the same database for storing data. A client may never see data that is owned by another client. This is an essential point in developing the current system.
The web bases system has many features that Microsoft also includes in their MS Outlook system. With this project, we want to develop a script that helps users to synchronize the contact list of Outlook with the contact list embedded in the web-based back office system. This script will prevent users to manage two contact lists.
Technical Background information
We are currently working with a server that is totally Microsoft orientated. We have installed Micosoft Server 2000 and we will soon upgrade the server to Microsoft Server 2003. Furthermore, we use SQL server 5.0 and Exchange Server. The framework we use is ASP.NET 2.0. For developing dynamic pages, we use XML, ASP.NET 2.0, C# and AJAX.
We own the webserver; this means that it is possible to install additional software on the server.
The script that you need to developed need to be able to synchronize MS outlook version 2000 and higher with the web-based system.
Each client has its own internal network (LAN). The web-based Back office system is not a replacement of MS outlook!
The complexity of this task is the flexibility of the system, the high protection of confidential information, the on- database-multiple-clients approach and the web-based access feature.
1. Users of the system need to be able to synchronize their contacts from every place around the world.
2. The protection of data in Outlook and the web-based back office need to be guaranteed before, during and after the script performs the synchronization.
3. The script need to be able to bypass the firewall of users.
The users that will work with the system are employees of different clients. We have clients mostly in the training and advisory market. The users of the system have only basic computer skills. They know how to work with the basic features of software packages such as MS Word, MS Outlook and MS excel.
The minimal requirements the users need to have are broadband internet connection, Microsoft/ Firefox browser 5.5 and higher and Microsoft Windows version 98 and higher.
Look and feel
Users need to have a wizard type of tool that helps the target users to connect their outlook data to the data stored in the remote SQL sever database of the web-based back office system. The look and feel needs to be the same as other parts of the system. Because of the computer skills of the target users is a good user-friendliness interface essential.