We are using NSIS scriptable install system, an open source solution,
[url removed, login to view]
with NSIS you can create very good installers, NSIS have a lot of plugins and features and of course, is free.
Currently we have a good installer that works in the way we want, all the functions are working ok, and we are very happy with this installer.
But our installer use a very old UI and looks like and old winamp installer. And our software have a new multi3 feature, so we need to find a way to detect the default user language and to show a language selection when using the installer.
NSIS can handle our need very well, but using a new UI called MUI, we really don't have the required time to make the changes. So we need help.
1. We will provide our current installer script.
2. You have to modify our installer script to use the new interface (MUI)
3. You have to maintain all the current features, working as now
4. You have to provide a demo
Currently we don't have pages (license, folder selection, others..) in the installer,
I mean, Currently you will run the installer, and it will install all the files, register some keys in the windows register, install some browser plugins, enable the software in the windows firewall (all these tasks in just 10 seconds with no prompts or buttons). Finally you have to push a "finish" button and installer will be closed, and our software will be launched inmediately.
Now we want to add some pages so the final result will be:
- the user launch the intaller.
- installer will detect user default language
- installer will show a language selector window with the "user default language" pre-selected, (user can choose another language if he wants). user press ok.
- installer will show "license" page with buttons "agree" "cancel"
- If agree, Installer will proceed to install and configure all.
- after installation is completed (completed progress bar). user will push a "finish" button. Then installer will be closed and software will be launched inmediately.
Our software will read a file called [url removed, login to view] so if user select example: english, that file will be created in the same folder and contain the text "english". if user select spanish, then that file will contain the text "spanish". You have to create that file via the installer.
We will only support english and spanish languages, so the language list must contain only these languages. If we detect that user have a different language (no english and no spanish), then we will choose english as default language in the language selection window.
We are using a plugin to enable our program in the windows firewall. You can find it here: [url removed, login to view]
YOU CAN FIND OUR CURRENT INSTALLER SCRIPT ATTACHED
10 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
I use NSIS in order to make installers for all my shareware projects. A few months ago I spent a day to make my script compable with UAC at vista\windows 7, so I have some experience :)